When then headed off to receive orientation to the ESL school and met Gef (above). Gef is a vivacious 75 year old lady who is a native of Macedonia. After a quick orientation to the ESL classes and what we could expect, we broke up into groups and did some prayer-walking around the ESL school and adjoining neighborhoods.
When then headed to lunch where we meet up with Ethan and Jan Schrader (current missionarries in Bitola, Macedonia). Ethan and Jan went to Tech and also attended FBC Ruston during their college days.
Team A (Kenny, Brenda, Ellen, and Kay) helped with the ESL classes this afternoon and were able to have some interesting conversations in English with the students. Team B (David, Elaine, Melanie, and Janet) went with Kyle to visit the Pastor (Bore) of the church we will be attending on Sunday. We will actually be going to the river for some baptisms that day and celebrating with them afterwards.
Here is another picture of some Macedonians in the ESL class.
After a long day, the team is feasting on hamburgers and hotdogs with fries. The fries are actually a part of the hamburger or hotdog and served with mayonnaise and ketchup.
I Corinthians 9:22-23 says "I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." Paul was willing to give up everything for the sake of the gospel. What are we willing to give up?

3 comments:
Hey guys,
Can someone shoot me an email that you will check daily so we can set up our connection for Sunday.
Charlie Hogan
charlie@fbcruston.org
Love the blog! I feel like I'm there with you... well, sort of!
I'm off to ponder your question...
Fries are part of the hot dog?! Tell Ethan and Jan I said hi, please! We're still praying often for the whole team. I'm gonna print some of the pics off for the 3-4th graders for Sunday morning. Miss y'all - tell Janet&Glover we miss them!
Laura
Post a Comment